Brides to Be FALMOUTH – PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION POLICY
What do you do with my personal data?
We use information held about you in the following ways to provide you with the best service we can, including:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
• If you are an existing customer, we may contact you if you have consented to this.
• If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please un-tick to unsubscribe from further mailings.
• We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, Disclosure of your information
• Keeping you up to date with your order, fitting appointments, events and promotions.
• Legal or regulatory reasons.
• Social media & images
o Congratulating you on your wedding day
o Photographs shared on our social media
How long will you keep my personal data?
• We keep your information while you are our customer and afterwards for a variety of reasons including requirements of the HMRC.
• We will only keep it for as long as we need to.
Who do you share my personal data with and why?
• We won’t share your data with any other third party, however reserve the right to share with HMRC IF required.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Brides to Be, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What data do you hold about me?
• Information we may collect, and process comes directly from you. It includes:
o Full name
o Contact details: Address, Phone numbers, email address
o Wedding venue
o Wedding date
o Grooms name
o Photographers details
o Any reviews or feedback on our services
o Any photographs of your wedding
o This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
o If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
o We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
o Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
What rights do I have?
You have the following rights –
• To be informed of how we use your personal data
• To update your personal data
• To ask us to delete your personal data, although we may have to retain it for legal reasons for a period of time.
• To object to the use of your data and ask us to restrict it, however we may legally be allowed to refuse.
• The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
• To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
How do I change my marketing preferences?
• You can opt out of any marketing communications by following the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
• You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01326 377847
• We will never give your information to any third party.
How do you ensure that my data is secure?
• We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Access to information
• The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How can I contact you?
Brides to Be Falmouth (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Gemma Stribley
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Gemma Stribley T/A ‘Brides to Be Falmouth’
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE.